So, downloaded EtaTrader for Upstox API and stuck on what next?
Don’t worry, this article will explain everything you need to get started with Upstox API.
Simple 3 Steps
- Get API Subscription from Upstox
- Download, Install and Initial Setup – EtaTrader
- Connect your Algo (Excel, Amibroker etc)
Charges: Rs 885/month*
Login to Upstox developer portal with your Upstox Trading credentials https://developer.upstox.com/
From the Dashboard, Navigate to ‘CREATE APP’ and select app type as ‘Trading API’
AppName: My Trading API
Redirect URI: https://upstox.com
Subscribe Services: Tick ‘Interactive API
Click on ‘Create’ button
After your API subscription is created, copy the API key, Secret and Redirect Url.
- Download the setup file from https://howutrade.in/downloads
- Extract the downloaded zip file to a folder
- Run the ‘EtaTrader_Upstox_Setup.exe‘ as Administrator
- Once installed Open the application and enter the API Key, API Secret and Redirect Url in settings (refer the image below)
Now you are ready to Login, Just click on ‘Login’ button which will open an inbuilt browser for API login. (Free trial for 3 market days is automatically activated on first login with ETA Trader)
Connect your Algo
If you are new to Algo trading, then try our ready to use Excel and AmiBroker trading tools to get familiarize with algo and auto trading. You can download our tools from here https://howutrade.in/tradingtools
Examples: Future2Option, Levels Breakout, Pivot Trading etc
If you have your algo already coded in Amibroker, Excel, MetaTrader and Ninjatrader, then add our Bridge code in your algo and start firing orders
If you have some strategy in paper, then fill out this Google form to get it coded from us