The below settings must be done in MS Excel to get RTD data from our software and fire orders to Bridge.
- Open Trust Center : Office Button –> Excel Options –> Trust Center
- Open Trust Center Settings : Trust Center –> Trust Center Settings
- Macros Settings: Select ‘Enable all macros’
- ActiveX Settings: Select ‘Enable all controls without restriction’ and uncheck ‘Safe mode’
- External Content: Select ‘Enable All Data Connections’ and ‘Enable Automatic Update for all workbook links’
Changing RTD throttle interval
By default, Excel will request real time data from RTD server at an interval of 2 seconds.
We will change the throttle interval to 0, so that Excel will update quotes in real time.
To Change RTD Interval:
- In Excel, go to the Visual Basic Editor by pressing ALT+F11
- Once you are in Visual Basic Editor, Press CTRL+G to open Immediate Window
- Once you are in Immediate Window, Type the below command and Press enter
- Application.RTD.ThrottleInterval = 0
To Check whether the interval is updated or not:
- Type the below command in Immediate Window and Press enter
- ? Application.RTD.ThrottleInterval
- The above command will return 0; if not 0 again set the interval as mentioned above